S P Bala Subramanyam – 100 Years Of Indian Cinema
100 Years Of Indian Cinema
The Indian cinema is celebrating the 100 year completion. Telugu cinema is completing 82 years of its first release of Bhaktha Prahlada (1931). As part of celebrations of Indian Cinema, businessoftollywood.com remembers and recollects the information of The Greats of Early Telugu Cinema.
businessoftollywood.com is presenting the profile of the great Singer/actor S P Bala Subramanyam
S.P.Bala Subramanyam is a great Playback singer.
SPB born at Konetammapeta Village, in Nellore district of AP on 4th June 1946.
He was introduced to Telugu cinema as playback singer By music director S P Kodandapani through B Padmanabham’s SRI SRI SRI Maryada Ramanna. In the film he rendered a solo “Padyam” for actor B Padmanabham.Then one more song “Yemi Ee Vintha Moham” in the film along with P B Srinivas, Raghramaiah.This was the start without a stop.
The songs of the film Sankarabharanam elevated him to new heights.This tireless singer along with daily song recordings used give stage performances.
He can change his voice to suit any actor, with mimicry style.His voice particularly suited for Actor Krishna, Allu Rama Lingaiah, Anr, NTR, Rajababu.He can go to any pitch and module to any style.
Sukhaduhkhalu,Maha Baludu,Yevariki Vare Yamuna Theere,Adavi Ramudu,Kanne Vayasu,Nenante Nene,Sankarabharanam,Swathi Muthyam,Sagara Sangamam,Premabhishekam,Malle Puvvu,Geethanjali are the Popular musical films,The songs By S P Balasubramanyam are unforgettable.
This is a Small list.It is difficult to write about his songs,since the list is more than 40000.He is in the guiniess Book of Records as singer singing more number of songs.
S P Balasubramanyam is not only a singer but an allrounder in Tollywood in particular and in Indian cinema in general.S P Balasubramanyam is a singer, music director, actor, Voice actor (Dubbing artist) and director.There was a time when S P Balasubramanyam used to record more than 10 songs per day.
For the past 45 years he is in the field.
He modules his voice for Kamal Hasan in most of his films (for few Kamal Movies music director Chakrapani gave his voice).This busy singer has recored many private devotional songs.Lingastakam is the most popular work of SPB.He has recorded many Shiri Sai Baba devotionals also.
The Lyrics of Popular songs of S P Balasubramanyam:-
- “Medante meda kadu goodante goodu kadu” (film: Sukhaduhkkalu)
- “Ye divilo virisina parijathamo ye madilo merisina prema geethamo” (film: Kannevayasu)
- “Nee illu bangaram kanu naa illu singaram kanu”
- “Thakita thadimi thandana” (film: Sagara Sangamam)
- “Brochevadevarura ninu vina” (film: Sankarabharanam)
- “Sankara Nadasarira” (film: Sankarabharanam)
- “Koketthukellindi kondagalee nee konte choopu choosthene hari hari” (film: Adavi Ramudu)
- “Oh! Papa lali” (film: Geethanjali)
- “Abba nee theeyani debba” (film: Jagadekaveerudu Athilokasundari)
- “Danchave Menattha koothura”
- “Oooo! Visala gaganamulo chandamama” (film: Mahabaludu)
- “Aagadu yenimishamu neekosamu” (film: Premabhishekam)
- “Yekkado doorana koorchunnavu” (film: Devudamma)
- “Idi tholi rathri tharagani rathri” (film: Majnu)
- “Prema yentha madhuram Priyuralu antha khatinam” (film: Abhinandana)
- “Chithram Bhalare Vichithram” (film: Dana Veera Soora Karna)
- “Neevoo mavale manishivani neekoo maranam vunnadani” (film: Shiridi Saibaba Mahathyam)
- “Oka lailakosam thiriganu lokam” (film:
- “Saapatu yetoo ledu pattaina padu brother” (film: Aakali Rajyam)
- “Kanne pillavani vannelunnavani yennenni vagalu pothunnave chinnari” (film: Aakali Rajyam)
- “Yennallo vechina udayam” (film: Manchimithrulu – along with singer Ghantasala)
- “Prathee rathri vasantha rathri (film: Ekaveera – along with singer Ghantasala)
- “Raavamma mahalakshmi raavamma nee kovela ee illu koluvai vunduvukani” (film: Undamma bottupedatha)
In the films Annamayya, Sri Ramadasu and Manjunatha all the numbers are hits.
There is an endless list of songs of S P Balasubramanyam. Only few could be listed above.
Awards for S P Bala Subramanyam (Telugu films):-
- National Award (1980) as best singer for the song “Omkara Nadalu sandhanamau ganame” (film: Sankarabharanam)
- National Award (1984) as best singer for the song “Vedam Anuvanuvuna Nadam” (film: Sagarasangamam)
- National Award (1989) as best Singer for the song “Cheppalani Vundi Manasu Vippalani Vundi” (film: Rudraveena)
- Filmfare Award (South – 2006) as best singer for the song “Adigadigo Bhadragiri” (film: Sri Ramadasu)
The list of Nandi Awards as Best Singer:-
- Nandi Award (1978) film Nalaga Yendaro
- Nandi Award (1979) film Sankarabharanam
- Nandi Award (1981) film: Premabhishekam
- Nandi Award (1983) film: Bahudoorapu Batasari
- Nandi Award (1984) film: Suvarna Sundari
- Nandi Award (1985) film: Mayuri
- Nandi Award (1986) film: Anveshana
- Nandi Award (1987) film: Abhinandana
- Nandi Award (1988) film: Prema
- Nandi Award (1989) film: Neerajanam
- Nandi Award (1990) Film: Jagadeka Veerudu Athiloka Sundari
- Nandi Award (1991) film: Chanti
- Nandi Award (1992) film: Bangarumama
- Nandi Award (1993) film: Misterpellam
- Nandi Award (1994) film: Bhairava Dweepam
- Nandi Award (1995) film: Priyaragalu
- Nandi Award (1997) film: Annamayya
- Nandi Award (2000) film: Raghavayyagri Abbayi
- Nandi Award (2002) film: Vasu
- Nandi Award (2003) film: Seethaiah
- Nandi Award (2005) film: Pellam Picchodu
- Nandi Award (2010) film: Mahathma
- Nandi Award(1985) as Best Music Director for the film: Mayuri.
- Nandi Award (1996) as best Supporting actor for the film: Pavithra Bandham
Honors for S P Balasubramanyam:-
- Honiorary Doctorate from Potti Sreeramulu University in the year 1999.
- Govt. of India honored him with Padmasri in the year 2001.
- Honored with Kalaprapurna by Andhra University in the year 2009.
- Honorary Doctorate by J N T U, Ananthapur in the year 2010.
- Govt. of India honored him with Padma Bhushan in the year 2011.
The list of films (selected) of S P Balasubramanyam as actor:-
- Pellante Noorella Panta(1969)
- Pakkinti Ammayi(1980)
- Malle Pandiri(1982)
- Vivaha Bhojanambu(1988)
- O Papa Lali(1990)
- Parvathalu Panakalu(1992)
- Wife of V Varaprasad(1997)
- Padutha Theeyaga(1999)
- Goppinti Alludu(2000)
List of films (selected) with S P B as Music Director:-
- Thoorpu Velle Railu(1979)
- Seethamma Pelli(1984)
- Padamata Sandhyaragam(1986)
- Chinnodu Peddodu(1987)