The Indian cinema is celebrating the 100 year completion.Telugu cinema is completing 82 years of its first release of Bhaktha Prahlada(1931).As part of celebrations of Indian Cinema,businessoftollywood.com
The Living Legend…Akkineni Nageswara Rao
Akkineni Nageshwara Rao was born on 20th of September 1924 at Venkataraghavapuram Village Of Gudivada Taluk in Krishna District of Andhra Pradesh in a poor Farmer family. Passion for acting made him settle in Telugu cinema as his profession. This evergreen hero is a restless artist of Telugu Cinema almost since its inception. He is serving the Industry for the past 75 years in different levels.ANR, as been fondly addressed by his fans, is an actor, producer and Studio Owner.
The doors of success in films were opened for Akkineni Nageshwara Rao with the film Dhrmapathni released in the year 1941.
ANR in the film “Devadasu” has displayed more than what writer Sarathchandra described his character”Devadasu” in his Bengali novel.
In the film Mahakavi Kalidasu, ANR has stepped into the character and acted.
Ramanaidu’s film “Premnagar” Celebrated Silver jubilee only because of ANR’s involvement in the character.
As a Judge in his film”Sudigundalu” ANR was superb.
He played 9 charectors in the film “Navarathri” with actress Savitri and did justice to all 9 roles.
As Arjuna in the film Krishnarjuna Yuddham ANR looked like Arjunudu.
ANR has developed his own style of expression and dialogue delivery for which he became so popular.His style of dancing with an attractive stepping has earned him name and fame.
In the film “Seetharamayyagari Manavaralu”as a grandfather he has acted more than what the film director wanted him to do.
At the age of 87 he has acted as Valmiki in the film”Sri Rama Rajyam”(2011).For this particular role it takes atleast 2 hours for makeup.But this great actor has patience and passion for acting and is doing it.
For this reason Akkineni Nageshwara Rao is The Nata Samrat (Emperor of world of action)
ANR’s son Akkineni Nagarjuna is one of the leading actors in Tollywood.
Nagarjuna’s son Naga chaithanya is also an actor.
Akkineni Nageshwara Rao is the spirit behind for shifting of Telugu Industry from Madras to Hyderabad.He is the owner of “Annapoorna Studios” at Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.
Akkineni Nageswara Rao is acting with his son Nagarjuna and Grandson Naga Chaithanya in a film titled “Manam”
List of Popular Movies of Akkineni Nageshwara Rao:-
- Keelu Gurram(1949)
- Mahakavi Kalidasu(1960)
- Velugu Needalu(1961)
- Iddaru Mithrulu(1961)
- Sri Krishnarjuna Yuddham(1963)
- Seetharamayyagari Manavaralu(1991)
Awards for Akkineni:-
- Nandi Award 1964 as best actor for the film”Dr.Chakravarthi”
- Nandi Award 1965 as best actor for the film “Anthasthulu”
- Nandi Award 1967 as best actor for the film”Sudigundalu”
- Nandi Award 1982 as best actor for the film “Meghasandesam”
- Nandi Award 1994 as best actor for the film”Bangaru Kutumbam”
- Filmfare Award (South) 1973 as best actor for the film”Marapurani Manishi”
Honours for Akkineneni Nageshwara Rao:-
- Nageshwara Rao was honored with Padmasri in the year 1963 by Govt. of India.
- Akkineni was conferred with Kalaprapoorna by Andhra University, Visakhapatnam in the year 1977.
- ANR was conferred with honorary doctorate by Andhra University, Visakhapatam in the year 1977.
- Nageshwara Rao was honored with Padmabhushan in the year 1983 by Govt. of India.
- ANR is the recipient of Raghupathi Venkaiah award from Govt. of A.P. for the year 1989
- He is the Recepient of the prestigious Dadasaheb Palke award for the year 1991.
- ANR was awarded the N T R National award by Govt. of A.P. for the year1996.
- Govt. of India has honored him with Padmavibhushan for the year 2011.
- On 20th of August 2011 ANR is conferred with honorary doctorate by GITAM University, Visakhapatnam.
India is Celebrating 100 years of Cinema. This is the right and appropriate time to recollect the action talents of This Great actor.