(07.05.1921 – 13.09.1989)
Atreya was born on 7th of May 1921 at Mangalampadu Village in Nellore district of AP.A noted dialogue writer and lyricist who is still living the hearts of Telugu film music lovers. All his lyrics were in simple Telugu with catchy meanings. His debut film as a lyricist was Deeksha. Pendyala Nageshwara Rao provided tunes for his song “Pora babu po”. His best lyrics were from the film Mooga Manasulu.
- Padutha theeyaga challaga…pasi papala nidurapo thalliga…bangaru thalliga
- Manoo makunu kanu rayi rappanu kane kanu mamoolumanishini nenu nee manishini nenu”
- Na pata nee nota palakala silaka
- “Godari gattundi gattumeeda chattundi chettukommana pittundi pitta mansulo ye mundi”
Some of his popular lyrics are mentioned below:-
- “Silalapai silpalu chekkinaru manavallu srushtike andalu thecchinaru”
- “Nuvvu leka anadhalam brathukantha ayomayam baba sayi baba”
- “Devudu nenai puttali denno thanu premichali adadani mansinthele vishamani thelisi yedvali”
- “Prema yentha madhuram priyuralu antha kattinam chesinanu prema ksheera sagara madhanam mringinanu halahalam”
There are too many best lyrics of Athreya.Only few of his best are mentioned here.
He is a poet who described the heart(manasu) in deep and has become popular as Manasu kavi.
This great lyricist died on 13th of September 1989 at Chennai.
Business of Tollywood remembers this manasu kavi on his 22nd death anniversary.